Are there ready made plans for timber self builds?

Brovashift

Im just wondering if anyone knows of any online sources of ready made plans for timber buildings?

I have been toying with the idea of a self build for a while now and am just investigating options. I used to make oak frames in my 20s and that has always been the dream, to live in an oak framed house that I built myself. As this would be quite a physical and financial undertaking I was thinking of initially building something simpler, as Im sure I could build some of these flat pack versions that are available nowadays... and then building the dream home onsite over time. Lets just assume; land, planning, regs. are all in place and a non issue.

Im not upto speed with all the latest regs, most efficient materials etc, and I know environmental is a big thing now... so was wondering if there was a library of timber framed plans somewhere for self builders perusal, that included e.g. materials, regs etc? 

Just as a starting point really to see whats achievable, and so I dont have to dig out my CAD 2006 lol. 

Probably wishful thinking but if you dont ask you dont get. 

Thanks.

The problem with a ready-made plan is fitting it onto a plot. An architect will design a house to accommodate plot gradient, solar gain, TPO on trees, trees with nasty root systems, privacy requirements of a neighbour, your privacy relative to roads, noise, views, likely routes of inbound services, gradient for drainage and gradient from visitor set down point to main entrance.

Edited by epsilonGreedy

9 hours ago, epsilonGreedy said:

The problem with a ready-made plan is fitting it onto a plot. An architect will design a house to accommodate plot gradient, solar gain, TPO on trees, trees with nasty root systems, privacy requirements of a neighbour, your privacy relative to roads, noise, views, likely routes of inbound services, gradient for drainage and gradient from visitor set down point to main entrance.

Its very early on in my self build journey, literally just a twitch in the brain... but Ive taken note and will bare that in mind, thanks.