ShadowLine trim junctions

cbk

I’m planning to use the QIC Type D and Type SKR or ST dry lining trims for a shadow gap effect for skirting and door trim.  Does anyubody have any detail drawings for best way to join the skirting trim to the door trim so the junction between the two achieves a clean join?

• 1 month later...

@cbk I also have an interest in shadow gaps, but have not yet resolved how to make the junctions work between the skirting trim and around the doors/architrave. Is traditional architrave not compatible with shadow gap skirting? I dont want the gap going up and around doors, I dont think this would look right, if anything would give the place a commercial look. I guess we need to talk to a plasterer at some stage (our build starts in 2 weeks so we are some way off) but still have no idea how to implement shadow gaps. Maybe we could compare notes?

• 3 weeks later...

I've not found any neat solution yet so will probably go with a shadow trim skirting in white and then a complete oak door frame and architrave.  Still not exactyly sure how the two will connect but maybe will try a few samples.