Block up the kitchen doors.

Bartholomew

hi all! I wondered if you guys can help me out and guide me how and what materials to use to block up this doors. Do I need to remove them completely or just block it on using timber and plasterboaerd what about  gaps between doors and frame can I just seal it lock doors and put insulation? Any ideas? Thanks ? 

C95F45D2-F7BC-42D2-94CE-14E00D54DF9B.thumb.jpeg.88d8898e90033dea669bc14a5446c46c.jpeg

6 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

hi all! I wondered if you guys can help me out and guide me how and what materials to use to block up this doors. Do I need to remove them completely or just block it on using timber and plasterboaerd what about  gaps between doors and frame can I just seal it lock doors and put insulation? Any ideas? Thanks ? 

C95F45D2-F7BC-42D2-94CE-14E00D54DF9B.thumb.jpeg.88d8898e90033dea669bc14a5446c46c.jpeg

0A8892D5-9639-4AEF-BB98-EC1174643DD5.jpeg

7 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

I wondered if you guys can help me out and guide me how and what materials to use to block up this door

I would remove the door and frame and use concrete blocks tied to the existing wall to fill the hole.

• Like 2

On 17/02/2021 at 16:39, PeterStarck said:

I would remove the door and frame and use concrete blocks tied to the existing wall to fill the hole.

i would like to avoiding removing door frame tbh. He about to tied up blocks into the existing wall? Then put insulation inside the door frame and build frame to fit plasterboards inside? Outside wall finishing up with mortar. On the top of that I’m planning cladding . See post below. Thanks 

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/blockingopening.htm