Cheap temporary kitchen

Pocster

9 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Hang a curtain on the front face to hide the trestle. Instant SWMBO approval.

screw a socket to the side for the microwave and kettle and she will love you forever 

You obviously purchased ‘ SWMBO lite ‘ ...

• Like 1

Are you going to Howdens in Avonmouth?, I used to have an account there and the manager was really good, got him to donate a kitchen once to a school that I was governer at. Always haggle the price, they will price match.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Are you going to Howdens in Avonmouth?, I used to have an account there and the manager was really good, got him to donate a kitchen once to a school that I was governer at. Always haggle the price, they will price match.

Nah shitbox Filton 

I still think that BuildHub should open accounts at most suppliers so we can all get discounts easier.

Mentioned it before, but it goes against the 'no commercial involvement' mentality.

Could help with importing stuff from the EU if it was a company.

Oh hang on, most on here voted to leave. 

• Like 2

I recently replaced my temporary kitchen.  My temp kitchen was installed to get a temp occupation certificate, to allow my builder to handover the house to me and for me to occupy then self fit the proper kitchen.  As there were minimum cubic metre storage requirements I made sure I found units that were cheapest to achieve the min storage requirements.

in the end i went with IKEA carcasses units without doors.  I did find the IKEA legs expensive so used cheap ones from toolstation but I’ve got a funny feeling the IKEA leg proces have reduced to a sensible price.  IKEA do cheap worktops too,

if you are really trying to keep costs down you could always go without unit doors.  Depending on what your priorities are - look or cost.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally went to Howdens ; what a waste of time.

Deal had ended and it would seem adding the cheapest 'extras's' anyway would push the price towards 900!.

Was in there about an hour being jerked about ( so that was ok )

New rooster bollocks deal March 22nd ( though I'm not meant to know that ) but no guarantee of price . Going to buy cheap ebay crap then make shelves/worktops from trestles and scaf boards.

A TRUE self build ( i.e. shite ) kitchen .

35 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Ebay is a good call.

Look for second hand ones near you.

Bought 7 unit off eBay ( will obviously be crap ). Bought a sink and mono tap for total of 30 quid ( will be crap ). Now looking for 6m ( in 3m lengths of cheap worktop ) and yes "will be crap " 

• 2 weeks later...

Punted on a cheap ebay kitchen .

Expecting it to be absolute shite .

It was certainly no worse than any other flat pack .

All this ( including handles and hinges ) for £320 inc vat and delivery .

Pretty good I thought 

BB780BBE-E45B-4034-A3B2-15D81C9725BB.jpeg

7F95ED4D-C2BA-49B4-BD8D-9789BA23272C.jpeg

C738AB8E-B0F7-43D5-8B17-8A2BD4C9E465.jpeg