Telford vendors?

Jeremy

I've settled on a Telford unvented cylinder to replace a 30 year old (or more!) vented tank/cistern. After contacting Telford, I've learned that they don't do direct sales, so I'm wondering who folks on the forum have purchased theirs through. Pricing with online vendors for these seems quite idiosyncratic - e.g. I'm looking for a heat pump / solar tank, probably pre-plumbed, and these should be just a hundred or two pounds more than the basic uvc, but from some sellers they're £500-800 more. Any tips on how you purchased yours? I've already got a local G3 certified plumber/installer lined up to do the plumbing work and hand-off to heat-pump guys to finish the job. I just can't see any upside to paying the installer a 30%+ markup for a pre-plumbed cylinder...

Why do you think a pre plumbed cylinder should only be £1-200 more than a standard ..?? Most are fitted with a pair of branded valves, wiring centre, bypass valve and all done using 22mm copper. That’s around £150 of parts and they are around £300 more if you look around and that’s value for money, assuming everything is in the right place in terms of connections. 

In terms of purchase, most of us use Cylinders2Go and if you mention the forum, Trevor will sort what you need. The benefit of going with Telford is they will customize all the connections to where you want them - last one I had I needed everything in the 12-2pm and they did it no problem. 

Edited by PeterW
Crossed with Nick on the supplier

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

Why do you think a pre plumbed cylinder should only be £1-200 more than a standard ..?? Most are fitted with a pair of branded valves, wiring centre, bypass valve and all done using 22mm copper. That’s around £150 of parts and they are around £300 more if you look around and that’s value for money, assuming everything is in the right place in terms of connections. 

In terms of purchase, most of us use Cylinders2Go and if you mention the forum, Trevor will sort what you need. The benefit of going with Telford is they will customize all the connections to where you want them - last one I had I needed everything in the 12-2pm and they did it no problem. 

Epic. Will check in with c2g tomorrow!

Re: pre-plumbed, not surprising I'm off in my estimation - that was just based on a few comparisons across other vendors. But would you agree that it's probably easier and cheapter to get a pre-plumbed cylinder?