Clearfox nature or non electric system

Peachy

I know there are a few posts already with this topic but they all seem to revert back to comments about electric systems. We are looking for information on non electric sewage treatment systems only . Keen to hear any feedback from anyone with one of these. Thanks.

There are several air blower treatment plants available for under £2K.  If you choose to pay an extra £3K for a non electric version, that £3K is more than the electricity cost of the air blower in a lifetime.

And I bet the non electric one has some expensive ongoing maintenance requirement?

15 minutes ago, ProDave said:

There are several air blower treatment plants available for under £2K.  If you choose to pay an extra £3K for a non electric version, that £3K is more than the electricity cost of the air blower in a lifetime.

And I bet the non electric one has some expensive ongoing maintenance requirement?

No that’s the Clearfox Nature USP is that it doesn’t have any ongoing costs however ... it’s not got anywhere close to the lifecycle testing of other systems. 

@nod the company I know who do specification on off grid drainage now spec the Vortex Eco as you can turn up and down the flow rates. Ideal for variable occupancy houses and they have standardized the sizes too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joe90 said:

+1 for a vortex , although it does use electricity (so not sure how to run it off grid?, PV?) after much searching it came out top of my list and mine works very well!!!.

pumps use 40-70w so a cheap inverter and a leisure battery with a solar panel will charge it in the summer but may need a boost in the winter if you wanted to stick to AC, but Secoh make a lot of their diaphragm pumps in both 12v and 24v so you can even remove the inverter and just go batteries and charge controllers.  

• Thanks 1