How can I make this mistake work?

Hi all,

It's never a smooth ride with this self build stuff is it, I've been to site today and there has been a bit of a cock up somewhere and now one window goes all most all the way to the ceiling. I'm trying to work out what went wrong as it was suppose to have 15cm between the window and the ceiling. However it is what it is and does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this look good? Hanging a curtain pole will be impossible, I wasn't specing blinds throughout either. ARGH!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iaqhVXfhmu6JDPiW8

It isn't possible to move the window head lower, it needs to be the level it is. Lifting the ceiling up I think will be very expensive, the first fix has been done and there is a room in the loft.

Thanks all

Thanks all and I'll have a look at that.

Sadly I live away from the site and the contractor didn't notice or let me know about it, I can't work out if it is the architects plans which are wrong or it has been build incorrectly. I'd have thought someone would have said something as the room downstairs is identical (almost) but there is 15cm from window header to ceiling.

12 hours ago, Water said:

It's never a smooth ride with this self build stuff is it

A very true statement. I hope you manage to get it sorted to your satisfaction. We had a tall narrow window opening in our hall, which was supposed to be central, put offset and we made them alter the timber frame so it was in it's correct position. You have to be watching them like a hawk all the time, very stressful.

• Like 1