Induction hobs etc.

Pocster

1 minute ago, pocster said:

I’m sure . But they need to define exactly why not . Just like arguing with planning 

You sound just like me and the answer was you cannot reclaim the vat but no reasons given

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

You sound just like me and the answer was you cannot reclaim the vat but no reasons given

I thought that they gave you a reason (see this post) and it was because the primary function is as a hob? That doesn’t explain the position with an aga but that’s been allowed for donkey’s years so I doubt that they could alter that now. 

https://forum.buildhub.org.uk/topic/16488-vat-claim-on-hob-with-built-in-extraction/?do=findComment&comment=270033

• Like 1

On 21/03/2021 at 10:52, newhome said:

I thought that they gave you a reason (see this post) and it was because the primary function is as a hob? That doesn’t explain the position with an aga but that’s been allowed for donkey’s years so I doubt that they could alter that now. 

https://forum.buildhub.org.uk/topic/16488-vat-claim-on-hob-with-built-in-extraction/?do=findComment&comment=270033

I read that thread.

If the "primary function is a hob" then that's nonsense . It has 2 functions hob and extraction. They need to allocate a percentage to the hob for its primary function.

I think they just make up crap to avoid handing back the VAT.

I see a war brewing......

2 minutes ago, newhome said:

Look forward to reading the tribunal report ?

Planning I seem to recall held all the cards for 5 years . They lost 

They need to give a proper full definition of why it’s exempt from vat relief . Not it’s primary function is .... . That in turn immediately suggests it has other functions . Also what is primary ? Heating food or removing the condensation? . I’d say they are both as important....

• 1 month later...