Any comments on my proposed ground subfloor build-up?

Adsibob

Anybody have any comments on this build up of my ground floor (we've taken out the original timber vented subfloor of a 1930s semi and are going to have a concrete slab instead). Any tweaks or improvements? (I don't have any more space, so any increase in insulation would have to be balanced out by a decrease in something else.)

image.png.6c990b0709d2690844d1b19b1c7499c8.png

On 12/02/2021 at 12:06, Adsibob said:

Anybody have any comments on this build up of my ground floor (we've taken out the original timber vented subfloor of a 1930s semi and are going to have a concrete slab instead). Any tweaks or improvements? (I don't have any more space, so any increase in insulation would have to be balanced out by a decrease in something else.)

image.png.6c990b0709d2690844d1b19b1c7499c8.png

I saw that on another thread @Onoff said that Lots on here have done away with a screed and just have a floor build up with the floor finish going straight on the concrete slab.

Would that mean I would increase my concrete slab by 55mm to 205mm and do away with the 55mm screed? What are the advantages of this?

18 minutes ago, Adsibob said:

I saw that on another thread @Onoff said that Lots on here have done away with a screed and just have a floor build up with the floor finish going straight on the concrete slab.

Would that mean I would increase my concrete slab by 55mm to 205mm and do away with the 55mm screed? What are the advantages of this?

Usually that's on a slab where there is substantial insulation (EPS) under the structural concrete with the UFH pipes laid in the concrete (fixed to the mesh).

If you're doing the traditional method where the UFH & insulation goes on top of an uninsulated slab then you need something to cover the UFH pipes and insulation and give you a mechanically sound layer to put your tiles on (and take the traffic from above).