Electric UFH recommendations ( under tile UTH )

Guest Alphonsox

Heatflex is their latex self leveling compound - I've just looked it up ..!

so what they are saying is put the heater cables in the SLC and then stick the floor to that ... basically making a sandwich of the compound and cables. 

The moisture content comment relates to letting the Heatflex go off properly otherwise the other stuff won't stick to it. 

• 1 year later...
Guest Alphonsox
17 minutes ago, JohnW said:

@Alphonsox are you happy with your Warmstar electric UFH? Would you recommend it?

It's working fine for me. I haven't tried any other brand so can't make a comparison but it successfully keeps the toes warm on cold mornings.

I plan to use electric UFH in my first floor bathrooms. They will have the following buildup;

• Tile
  • Electric UFH
  • 75mm sand & cement screed
  • 50mm insulation
  • 150mm hollow core slab

We also have towel radiators which will provide the majority of heat and we plan to use the UFH to warm the tiles for comfort. Presumably some of the heat generated will head down into the screed rather than up into the tiles above. Should I put anything between the screed and the UFH to force the heat up and if so, what?

15 hours ago, Temp said:

Instead of hollow core have you considered beam & block using insulating blocks?

http://www.tetrisfloors.co.uk

https://www.jablite.co.uk/technical-resource/beam-infill-suspended-floors/

Check they are OK for first floors?

I quite like the system that underslings the beams as well as infills and covers them. I assume it also means less insulation has to go on top if you get some underneath.