shower drain position in new raft foundation

gravelrash

15 minutes ago, gravelrash said:

Anyone laid a drain for shower when building a passive slab?

I'm doing this now. We will be boxing out the foul risers under the showers for the concrete pour. The pour will hopefully be next week or the week after once it warms up.

I'm having wet-room shower formers too in my passive slab, which made things extra complicated. Probably wouldn't do that next time.

Yes, I cast slots for shower and drain into the insulaated foundation, for a furure walk-in shower in the downstairs cloakroom . It was then filled in some spare insulation and tiled over. Photos of how we handled the slot during the pour and in frame erection. 

P1040607.JPG

P1040921.JPG

P1040923.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravelrash said:

Anyone laid a drain for shower when building a passive slab? need to locate the pipe in final position before concrete pour but is there a way to ensure you can move the pipe +/- a couple of inches if not in exact position. 

I surrounded the waste pipe with a block of polystyrene and cut it out when the concrete had gone off. It also allowed a bit of play for setting the shower drain at the right height.

Slab.thumb.jpg.59815d841584ddf6201861c556f706bf.jpg

2 hours ago, gravelrash said:

Anyone laid a drain for shower when building a passive slab? need to locate the pipe in final position before concrete pour but is there a way to ensure you can move the pipe +/- a couple of inches if not in exact position. 

You need to say what type of shower tray / wet room former is going in ;)  

If it’s a pre-cast above floor tray it’s minimal effort, but you need to shutter out for a wet room type former etc. Impey and Diamond are a couple I’ve fitted, and only need 22-25mm installation depth. Stick to your guns, it’s a great idea and makes a room look a million dollars. 

2 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

I'm having wet-room shower formers too in my passive slab, which made things extra complicated. Probably wouldn't do that next time.

He’s secretly enjoying ;)  

• Haha 1