Getting Wi-fi in remote location

27 minutes ago, Cpd said:

@Paul Leigh 

or anyone with experience !

I have recently signed up for unlimited 4g wireless internet with EE provided through a router 

I have no landline 

What unlimited data deals are EE doing now?  Last time I looked not a lot and what they did was expensive.  The only ones that seem to openly offer unlimited data aimed at 4g internet are three, but we get no three coverage, but do get a good EE 4g signal.

14 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Last time I looked not a lot and what they did was expensive

Yes very expensive (£55 a month) but it’s shared by 4 different users so it makes it affordable.  We only get EE reception so it was the only option. Speeds when near the router are fantastic - 40+ mps. Just need to work out the best way of sharing it around.  

21 minutes ago, Cpd said:

Yes very expensive (£55 a month) but it’s shared by 4 different users so it makes it affordable.  We only get EE reception so it was the only option. Speeds when near the router are fantastic - 40+ mps. Just need to work out the best way of sharing it around.  

Thanks.

If they are 4 different users from different households, how do you make each secure so they can's see each others computers and printers etc?

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

how do you make each secure so they can's see each others computers and printers etc

I think you get that option when you connect your computer to the network, bit like when logging into the O2 'free' wireless at cafes.

18 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

how do you make each secure so they can's see each others computers and printers etc

19 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

I think you get that option when you connect your computer to the network, bit like when logging into the O2 'free' wireless at cafes.

really no idea.... well above my pay grade ! Never encountered any problems seems to work flawlessly straight out the box....