Ivar UFH Mixing Valve Set

Rob99

This is mainly aimed at @Nickfromwales but thought it may be useful for others on here (always good to share ?)

I'm going to replace my existing UFH pump set with an Ivar set, as recommended previously by @Nickfromwales but I'm only now getting round to sorting this out.

The previous ebay link doesn't seem to work any longer so I wondered where it is that you source your Ivar sets from?

Also, is the set with the Grundfos UBM3 the one to go for? It seems from looking around that its a new type of pump better suited to UFH manifolds.

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks @Russell griffiths just had a look at their website and, although the picture shows the valve as Ivar, the description and downloadable user manual brands it as CosyFloor.

Is it a genuine Ivar? I've been caught out with pictures and descriptions not matching in the past so am a bit wary these days.

11 hours ago, Rob99 said:

Thanks @Russell griffiths just had a look at their website and, although the picture shows the valve as Ivar, the description and downloadable user manual brands it as CosyFloor.

Is it a genuine Ivar? I've been caught out with pictures and descriptions not matching in the past so am a bit wary these days.

Phone them and talk to them, don’t read the website. 

I am finding that 90% of the companies I buy from don’t actually know what they are talking about or understand what they sell. 

I had to tell them constantly that ivar make a lower temp blending set, they had no idea and didn’t know why I would want one. 

The problem is the people that work at these places live in a Barrett house and are just happy someone is stupid enough to pay them every week. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@OldSpot I bought mine from Heating Controls Online but only because they were about £20 cheaper.

If you're replacing the complete pump set on an existing manifold then make sure to measure the distance between the upper and lower manifold connections. My old pump set had a standard 130mm pump the same as the new set but the valve arrangements meant that I had to also buy a 25mm pump adaptor so that it all fitted correctly. Not at all difficult to do just something to watch out for.