HeatPex 75mm ducting

Would anyone have any concerns for using this ducting?  It seems new to BPC and would be a very decent cost saving on 6 rolls vs anything else that is anti bacterial.  It doesn't specifically mention whether it is anti-static, perhaps that is where the cost reduction comes from?

7 hours ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

I've not used this specific product, but i did use two types on my install.

I used Zhender Comfotube and QuietVent, both 75mm, both antibac and antistatic, and found the zhender stuff a lot nicer to work with, didn't fight with me as much during install.

The prices of those are quite different, around an extra £40 per roll as of now (£140 vs £180 that I can see).  Was there a similar price differential when you bought?  And if so, what inspired paying the extra for Zehnder?  Good to know it is easier to pull, I'm sure that is worth a bit extra.  Maybe the ribs are less pronounced, or the pipe is relatively stiffer / less stiff which made pulling simpler.

I bought the comfotube first actually before I was committed to installing MVHR straight away and didn’t want to be left with loads of pipe, I needed some to use as airtight underfloor conduit for electric cables.

in the end I ended up doing the mvhr install and needed another 50m and went with quiet vent thinking there couldn’t be much difference but there certainly was. I think price difference was about the same when I bought. If I was buying more pipe I’d stick with the comfotube over other products for ease of use and also a better fit into the terminals

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1