Extractor vents on Lap boards

Ralph

Discovered today that the sparkies have fitted some crap looking extractor vents on the Cedral lap. I'm not particularly thrilled with the vent itself and the way it's sitting. 

Anyone got any thoughts on getting a nicer finish when fitting this type of thing on lapped planks?

The ASHP isolation switch is also another carbuncle but I'm assuming we can get some sort of cover for that.

pvL0D1Ymtucv6_-IhwpC_VIUH36T3S6iFqjjbbAHXJ9mSq69IgZQZDitzukdmro8Xa2ieL2RCbDG_GxJU9ectPovHvjYgF10NWq6JKc1RWFBQdPayGorWTZWcI1-tjP8Lrh2OKeBOSJmxAAzy-YEeTRbOac9PmQNOCc5rTljZQCzHYoorSMa6_aja-v-fILg1vbICy0SvNPwITLDf2asB-iQUKHfIy_gnLcRwRdCh-QzRw-YQaxEY3h3wfiABgT-zx6dOU2KE8-IPIrS1RiwmbGI6FRUjLbamBfVt2l0hXsdSYGhIniACraYDLujcC1i7Opq3PJjlpzRFgjJGDr81CkYFmX2mrAhRTI9riLB5-nwn0QwdJLFus2MTJybT8kASoz5gMlyYPsj_XOUQti44OzdwYXbYguPL5y6E1JXzxsnpUib-ytVmvmo0gAYjY0ofufwbQuI8x2ErR-yBzKwb7JyBwKR8M5Jd820DzRRLW28W6_cSB55wd0ilZBXRZp_15mr9TtHNdfdR1H93-T8n3Ylh1iMKRDch4Ws0i4Tqnrt3K1IyteUu0RE2K--jimLa4kQ-NZjKOjtTHVK5f42zPxVkPxOqpPA1r5Xr7rfhYme0-4IKMnu-kJTRgoA7KD9mRAMavIRVlsTxF3UfDglOGjAeGHM1wf2GiHpfut6ZH_bbkxNPp9fTBw2Zz60=w456-h937-no?authuser=1

5 minutes ago, Tennentslager said:

Use the cladding to make a wee box housing and have it sit in there?

That's what I'm thinking for the isolation switch. I don't know why they thought it was  good idea to put it eye level as well.

I asked Cedral if they had any tips and they came back with the following.

"When perforating Cedral with a flue/extractor fan we recommend clean air can sit flush with the panels and contaminated air protrudes / extends 50mm away from the front face of the Cedral. The perforation needs to be oversized and we recommend a clear 5mm gap is left around the perimeter.

This will allow for movement and again prevent damage to the face of the Cedral and any discoloration or staining of the panels."

I'm probably being a bit thick but is this not going to look even worse?