What type of plasterboard

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

Why are you plasterboarding a garage ceiling?, a garage roof space is fir storing all those things you might need (that your kids will have to get rid of when you kick the bucket!!!).

Ah ha, upstairs for thinking down stairs for dancing. 

Vaulted ceiling in garage for extra headroom. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

I would do the whole lot with 15mm pink fireline.

If it is only a timber frame between the house and garage, that will need 2 layers of fireline with staggered joints and taped and filled or skimmed.

Icf house, so 150mm of concrete between the two. 

Fire door in the wall separating house from garage. 

No habitable room above garage, I’m thinking it needs nothing fancy, possibly no fire protection at ceiling at all as in open trusses for storage like @joe90 said, but it’s a vaulted ceiling for extra height in the garage so I’m boarding it to provide a nice working environment. 

Happy to use whatever board, I’m just thinking 30 minutes fire rating will be fine, but need clarification before I phone the BCO 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Russell, I would use celotex PIR insulation on this gig. Fill the ceiling with this and use foil tape to join together, make sure you are not leaving gapes and tape the joists too. 

58 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

Maybe pink then for the little extra cost of one ceiling. Are you protecting the icf internally in garage got to be higher priority?

Going to double board walls and ceiling with pink. 

Sod the money I’ve got used to eating beans on toast every night ?

• Like 1