Old concrete patio refurb suggestions

Mike5352

Hi there,

I’m new here so please tell me if I’m doing something wrong!

Looking for recommendations on how to improve and extend our old concrete patio please! Open to suggestions. Ideally DYI and lower cost options.

We want to push it out into the garden by about 1m. The current retaining wall is about 25cm high. Ideally we could rebuild the retaining wall with sleepers and have raised beds on the other side.

The drainage next to the patio doors is new (that was done when we had the small extension and left hand patio doors installed in 2020). Ideally I’d like drainage away from the house but not sure how that works with a retaining wall.

The concrete seems pretty solid. It’s not level, some high points. Has been there since the 90’s. Looks like there are 3 ‘pieces’ I.e. there are two joints/seems visible. When they were digging it out for the extension it looked like it was about 1ft thick/deep.

The patio doors are different heights from the patio itself as you’ll see in the photos with the tape measure. (When I work out how to upload them as larger than size restrictions)

We plan to have an additional patio/deck seating area lower at the bottom of the garden for evening sun, this area by the house gets the morning sun so it doesn’t need to be huge.

Any suggestions welcomed thanks!

Ill work on the photo uploading!

Mike