Sockets are SO exciting!

Pocster

"designer" switches and sockets is a very good way to drastically bump up your materials cost.

Personally I prefer a good well respected make of white products like Scholmore Click or Schneider.

Some of the very thin "flat plate" designs just serve to show how out of true the wall is, and can look a mess, particularly when someone wants them fitted to an old house with rough plastering.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ProDave said:

"designer" switches and sockets is a very good way to drastically bump up your materials cost.

Personally I prefer a good well respected make of white products like Scholmore Click or Schneider.

Some of the very thin "flat plate" designs just serve to show how out of true the wall is, and can look a mess, particularly when someone wants them fitted to an old house with rough plastering.

+1, I put basic white stuff everywhere (cheap as chips) and will change out as and when the house “matures”, same with lights, cheap pendants everywhere, slowly getting changed as we “live” in the house (but it is very “cottage”). Also (with the backing of a friend who is into building houses) I painted everything magnolia, very “cottage “ and will change as and when .

9 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Varilight Freestyle let you change the socket "background" to suit.....you could use £50 notes, restraining orders or whatever.

VLXIF5CW.jpeg.e71fa22ee6f69e52c85b30b05469a033.jpeg

Or a nice photo of a section of my anatomy behind each socket !

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

You don't fancy something heavy on the Swarovski crystals?

https://www.decswitch.com/switches-and-sockets/swarovski-crystal-switches-and-sockets.html

I think they look bollocks - too flashy and sparkly for me . Would suit someone who has a sparkly shower tray for example .

I do like the varilight range though 

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Agree with this . If my plasterers been on the ? the night before ; a flush socket against wobbly plaster will look pants 

1 hour ago, pocster said:

I too love switches and sockets. Nice way to add warmth to a house, particularly if the decor is a bit neutral. Helpful to have the USB sockets for the ones near the bed / that spot in your living room you sit to watch TV.  Check out https://www.busterandpunch.com/product-category/electricity/

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Time before last I was in Bristol they had still not installed electricity.

But now they have these, comes with a plug in the original packaging.

Socket.jpg

Oi Cornish ! We’ve had lecky for ages