Rendering method check

dangti6

I have had a quotation for rendering my garage, and would appreciate any feedback on whether there’s anything to query/change in terms of the method proposed.

I asked for it to match the finish to my porch as far as possible so it ties in.

491560D9-4BDD-4368-A06C-EA7D6D8A1A03.thumb.jpeg.1273423e11a37449123e0d30d577e313.jpeg

“Fit angle beads to all angles as required, fit battens to Dpc line ready to form a new bell cast, apply a 10mm scratch coat of sand and cement render to exterior of new garage with a built in waterproof additive, when cured apply a 13mm render coat of sand and cement, again incorporating a waterproof additive, when cured remove batten from under the newly formed bell cast and apply a sand and cement Tyrolean finish to all new render to finish”

All sounds fine to me apart from expecting some sort of bead along the bottom rather than a batten to form the shape. Is that an old school way which gives a better finish or a cheaper lazier method? 

(He did say Tyrolean is a finish in its own right vs sand and cement but suggested sand and cement would suffice as I’d be painting it to match)

@nod probably one for you :D

Yes it is Tyroleon finish 

As above The Baton to form the bell cast is old school

Better to fit the baton and sit a bell cast bead on top Then remove the baton the following day 

Waterproofer in the top coat is a bad idea as the Tyrolean will run 

Amit the waterproofer from the top coat and add a spade of hydrated lime This will add suction and give the Tyrolean something to grip onto 

• Thanks 1