Any suggestions? - keep them clean !

Redoctober

Hi - something to ponder as we continue to hunker down -

Unfortunately, the door furniture - see image - occasionally hits the painted kitchen unit when opened fully and or clumsily, leaving a mark on the painted unit. What is the best way in which to protect said unit from anymore damage?

I was thinking of a rubber type sleeve to fit over the offending arm & latch of the door furniture but am struggling to source anything suitable. 

I know I could just "tape" over it etc but the solution has to pass the "Mrs W" test!!

Thoughts welcome.

IMG_4694 (2)_LI.jpg

You can also either put a stick-on rubber nipple or two on the point where it connects with door.

eg https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/6040143746/

or a buffered door stop if it could mount on the plinth. These are spring buffered and magnetic so they hold it open until you jerk the door. I have them on all my commonly used doors. You can calibrate the strength by putting it closer to the hinge.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CLWN3CS/

or a sleeve of some sort on the handle of the latch, as you say.

Thoughts are the sponge tape you get for table tennis bats or tennis rackets, or perhaps even a piece of cable heat-shrink.

Or can you just make a door stop? eg material sown around one of your leftover bricks.

• Thanks 1

We use a bit of 4x4 timber cut 2 inches tall with a strip of felt glued on the sides.  Placed on the floor, it can be moved for easy cleaning and is very unobtrusive.

Also suggest looking at beanbag door stops too.

• Thanks 1