Car Crash of a Parish Council Planning Meeting via Zoom

AliMcLeod

46 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

A lasting online testament demonstrating the curse of the Boomers, no wonder the country is in such a mess.To think these same people had real influence on the world 10 years ago. @daiking

Saw this by someone this morning:

”Households appoint their biggest boomer to attend parish council, which picks the biggest boomer to attend district council. District council's biggest boomer goes to to county council. County council's biggest boomer goes to westminster & westminster's biggest boomer becomes PM”

Edited by daiking

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

Jeremy Vine currently discussing this on radio 2

YouTube views are growing at 200,000 per hour or about £150 per hour* in ad revenue for the pro comedian who uploaded the recording. Plus 3000 comments.

Perhaps we could host a video version of the BuildHub Corona virus thread discussion as a reality TV experiment then upload the video to YouTube and share the ad income fairly.

* Income estimated from what sailing vLoggers get per million views.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

YouTube views are growing at 200,000 per hour or about £150 per hour* in ad revenue for the pro comedian who uploaded the recording. Plus 3000 comments.

Perhaps we could host a video version of the BuildHub Corona virus thread discussion as a reality TV experiment then upload the video to YouTube and share the ad income fairly.

* Income estimated from what sailing vLoggers get per million views.

I think you're on to something, I can think of a few other threads that could pull in the money - although @Onoff 's bathroom thread would be like Corrie or the Archers (40 years & counting...)

7 hours ago, Ronan 1 said:

Christ on a bike, Its hilarious unless you were some poor sod waiting on these people to approve something for you.

The really hilarious thing is they don't approve anything - they can only comment on planning applications - and their collective misinformed idiotic comment carries as much weight as any other comment from a parishioner or whomever.

Our PC hasn't got anyone with any idea about planning - so their comments are ridiculous - and of course the Council can only take into account comments that raise planning issues, i.e. points of planning law. So basically they ignore everything the PC says....

Simon

14 minutes ago, Bramco said:

Our PC hasn't got anyone with any idea about planning - so their comments are ridiculous

We got reported by the community council for having built a garage when it was permitted development. Local authority planners told them to sling their hook. They reported another property for something similar and were told the same. Some of the discussions in the minutes are hilarious. 

8 minutes ago, newhome said:

Some of the discussions in the minutes are hilarious.

I suppose it does give an outlet for the pent up anger and indignation a lot of people seem to carry around - therapy for some?

Simon

47 minutes ago, Bramco said:

and of course the Council can only take into account comments that raise planning issues, i.e. points of planning law. So basically they ignore everything the PC says....

Simon

Its a good job based on that video ?