Building notice form

Sally

Hi People

I a still very green around the gills 

I have been asking a few very different questions, around this website trying to find my feet and how to proceed with my project,

I have two planning applications that have been approved, one is a change of use that needs to start my October this year and the other approval is a roof extension that needs to start the following year 

I am guessing if I start any works on the building it would count as having started both no ?????

my question other question is , if I submit a building notice to the local council, only for the purpose of getting something underway and not losing my granted planning approval, can I then LATTER submit a full Building regulations form with inc SE calculations and building regs package ????

I think it wise I get something underway so as not to loss my approval, But dont want to submit a full building regs form quite yet encase regs change by the time I really get into the build (in about two years from now) and also building materials etc will come along in leaps and bounds, and a solution we might propose now, might become far simpler latter.

what do you lot think I should do so as to not lose my approval, 

I dont want a simple hole in the ground approach, something a bit more hard standing plz 

The planners normally require some sort of material work to have been carried out. On a new house that's typically digging foundations, getting them inspected and filled with concrete. On a wind farm near us they constructed the entrance, laid some meters of road and stopped, then applied for a certificate of lawfulness to get it confirmed that they had started. 

I think you would have to show that work had started on both PP or they might argue one had been started but not the other. 

3 hours ago, Sally said:

.. dont want to submit a full building regs form quite yet encase regs change by the time I really get into the build (in about two years from now)

I believe the regs are "frozen" at the point you apply for Building Control approval.

29 minutes ago, Temp said:

The planners normally require some sort of material work to have been carried out. On a new house that's typically digging foundations, getting them inspected and filled with concrete. On a wind farm near us they constructed the entrance, laid some meters of road and stopped, then applied for a certificate of lawfulness to get it confirmed that they had started. 

I think you would have to show that work had started on both PP or they might argue one had been started but not the other. 

I believe the regs are "frozen" at the point you apply for Building Control approval.

many thanks for your comments, its always very helpful to some one new like me, 

if building regs are frozen at point off building control approval, than this would be my preferred options, 

you have given me food for thought 

many thanks