PAT for an inflatable spa

1. What’s the going rate to get someone to come and do a PAT on a single item like a spa? £60? £80? More?

2. Would it need to be at least half filled to test it? I.e enough water cover to test with the heater element operating? The air pump (bubbles/inflation) can be done empty obvs.

@Onoff @ProDave

I charge my normal hourly rate for PAT testing with a minimum of 1 hour.

PAT testing is not something all sparks do, it is mind blowingly tedious and on the flip side for an office full of stuff there are outfits that charge silly cheap money per item that i would not get out of bed for.

Why do you want it PAT tested?  Clearly not for your own use? are you going to rent it out by the hour?  Or is it part of the inventory in a rental?

9 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I charge my normal hourly rate for PAT testing with a minimum of 1 hour.

PAT testing is not something all sparks do, it is mind blowingly tedious and on the flip side for an office full of stuff there are outfits that charge silly cheap money per item that i would not get out of bed for.

Why do you want it PAT tested?  Clearly not for your own use? are you going to rent it out by the hour?  Or is it part of the inventory in a rental?

The missus hasn’t worked and won’t be able to work for months so looking to sell/rent out anything that isn’t nailed down. Apparently there is demand for this sort of thing.

As a minimum I’ve told her it will need a  PAT as it’s 2 years old. 

On 03/02/2021 at 20:56, ProDave said:
On 03/02/2021 at 20:37, Temp said:

If its brand new I'm prety sure the regs say it need not be tested for a year. @ProDave ?

No, I often get called by landlords to pat test a brand new item.

But Temp is still right?

2 minutes ago, daiking said:

When I get the log cabin fitted out, I’m budgeting £250 a day for an electrician and expecting to be gouged for 2 days as well. 

For an 8 hour day that would be just over £30 per hour and reasonable.

It is the tradesmen that charge silly amounts for a few minutes work that annoy me, I just charge my hourly rate with a minimum of 1 hour if the job is very local.

Perhaps I am too soft which is why I am not rich?

23 hours ago, ProDave said:

For an 8 hour day that would be just over £30 per hour and reasonable.

It is the tradesmen that charge silly amounts for a few minutes work that annoy me, I just charge my hourly rate with a minimum of 1 hour if the job is very local.

Perhaps I am too soft which is why I am not rich?

£250 seems to be the going rate, I just need to find enough work for them to fill 2 days ?

log cabin electrics is a thought for another day but I think I will need to do a lot of the fitting work myself to get things (sockets conduits) where and how I want them. I will need an electrician to wire them.

Edited by daiking