Highland Girl

Highland girl

3 hours ago, the_r_sole said:

This is an infuriating thread! there's no need to drip feed the information like this!

We still have no idea of how the site was actually set out, what information and measurements were used for that, who provided that information, who provided the information for the decrofting and why is it different to the red planning line? Any time I've decrofted sites, it's used absolutely identical information!

No indication of whether the site has ever been surveyed etc... I'm doing an bannatyne ?

I'm still not clear what area of land the OP has purchased - the red one (from planning docs?), the green one from the ROS website (but stated is is from title deeds) or something else altogether.

If we could get a larger view of the ROS one, we might be able to see how that relates to the red one (as per the Thorfun's post above)

Edited by AliMcLeod

On 04/02/2021 at 16:35, Temp said:

My guess is he intended to gift the land on the red map and this somehow got messed up when it was measured and sent to the land registry.

The reason I say this is because it shows the right hand boundary running between between two "features" which look like field boundaries or boundaries with other plots of land. Whatever they are they appear on both red and green maps.

I tend to agree, the red “space” runs between two fence lines but I gather the measurement is not correct, if the land gifted is the red area then the house is safely within the “plot” (or have I missed something?).

Edited by joe90

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/02/2021 at 13:35, Carrerahill said:

Often the land registry drawings are not accurate and they know what, I was in the RoS office in Glasgow a few years back (I was there on non-related business) talking to some of the staff and pointed out an issue I'd been having when trying to line up actual boundaries of my site with RoS drawings and he said that the issue is most of them were surveyed such a long time ago, done fairly roughly and obviously on paper, so when this all got transposed to the IT system the issue were mainly to do with scales and drawing accuracy, some came in correctly but most not. So sometimes the drawing they imported came in with a scale, so they could regenerate it digitally, but often it was all over the place so nothing quite lined up. The net result is inaccurate drawings which will probably never be accurate unless it is new parcels of land with defined existing markers digitally on the plans.

You come across this fairly often with farmland - there's a lot of unregistered land and when a bit gets sold, you need to sort out the bit you want to register from all the neighbouring unregistered land.

The original paper deeds are the best record as at leas the digitising hasn't altered them.