Mains Water Supply

LSB

I have just been looking into getting the new mains water supply to our barn conversion.

We currently have water from the host property and as a total DIY project it will be years before we need a separate supply.

But, I thought it would be good for estimating to get a quote for how much it will cost and the lead time.

Our water supplier is Essex & Suffolk Water, I downloaded the application form from their new connection webpage, but to submit the form I have to pay £138.

Is this normal to pay a fairly high fee, does this come off of the connection cost and how long does any application stay live, if we don't need it for years.

We don't want to connect too soon as we will then have to pay the standing charge, plus meter charge for any water used, although this is also the case for the host dwelling.

Can anyone else share how much their connection cost with E&S and how long it took.

TIA

3 hours ago, LSB said:

I have just been looking into getting the new mains water supply to our barn conversion.

We currently have water from the host property and as a total DIY project it will be years before we need a separate supply.

But, I thought it would be good for estimating to get a quote for how much it will cost and the lead time.

Our water supplier is Essex & Suffolk Water, I downloaded the application form from their new connection webpage, but to submit the form I have to pay £138.

Is this normal to pay a fairly high fee, does this come off of the connection cost and how long does any application stay live, if we don't need it for years.

We don't want to connect too soon as we will then have to pay the standing charge, plus meter charge for any water used, although this is also the case for the host dwelling.

Can anyone else share how much their connection cost with E&S and how long it took.

TIA

If you contact utility smart 

They will need a Google earth type screenshot showing the property and the nearest road and an x showing where the connection enters the building 

There’s quite a few companies out there 

Buf this is one I’ve used 

Normally takes about a week 

Oh 

Its Free ?

• Thanks 1