Plastering Quote

LA3222

Had first estimate back, £4/sqm to board, £6/sqm to skim.

How does that stack up in terms of pricing? A quick search of this forum suggests it not the cheapest but its not a rip off, just the top end of what it should roughly be?

7 hours ago, nod said:

For a one off small job it’s ok 

An individual working for a company would expect about 

2.50 + £1-1.50 per board loading 

£2.75 -£3 skim 

London SE more 

Around 900sqm so a fair sized job, but still a one off?‍♂️

If you can find a good individual 

They will be cheaper take longer less likely to come back if there are any issues and want paying each week 

A company should invoice you after the job is finished (6 weeks to settle ) and be ok with a 5% retention 

I struggled to find a plasterer and was doing a 4 floor build with 400m2 of floor space. Found one by being nosey and door stepping another local self build to see who they were using.

Family firm who did the tacking, insulation (team of 3) and skimming (one guy). Took about 6 weeks in total from memory. Finish was decent, if not perfect, but price was good.

My spark said I could have paid twice as much and not done any better (I did get quotes that were double what I paid).

One of the tackers put a collated screw through the cold feed to cistern which only became apparent a few months later when we were commissioning the plumbing. They paid out for the remediation and damage  (£500 or so) without any arguments which was decent.

So that's my tip - go be nosey on recent local builds.