Garage walls leaking

David Mclean

Hello 

Got a garage that is leaking water through the walls, get big damp patches then when it rains hard it will pool on the floor.

I have tools/classic car etc etc inside and need to solve this asap, I have seen products like Permagard do they work?

Is something like Permagard going to fix this or do I need to look at some sort of external cladding?   

Any ideas of first hand experience much appreciated 

thumbnail_IMG_5111.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5112.jpg

When it pools on the floor does it come in through the damp patch in the picture and run down, or does it come in at the base of the wall?

No guttering...so is there water running down the outside of the wall (from the roof) when it rains?

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

When it pools on the floor does it come in through the damp patch in the picture and run down, or does it come in at the base of the wall?

No guttering...so is there water running down the outside of the wall (from the roof) when it rains?

Yes 

Flat roof with a lip round the edge,  drain in one corner...

Will do some more photos in the morning  

• 2 weeks later...

The mortar between your blocks can suck water through like a sponge, as can the blocks to a lesser extent.  This is the easy obvious explanation.  For zero cosmetic change externally try a masonry cream, a step up in price from screw fix/everbuild/thompsons waterseal but you get what you pay for.

http://www.stormdry.com

If you can stand a cosmetic change externally http://www.renotex.co.uk/renotex_rollercoat.php I used this over failing render 4 years ago in economic preference at the time to replacing the render and it's still good.....quite a sticky mess to work with though.