Timing of Building inspections

To save me looking through reams of paperwork, can someone help with the timing of building inspections please?

We are up to roof height and the trusses are almost finished being fixed. I am pretty sure that we need a building inspection about now. I did contact our Protek guy who said he would be out if his daughter tested negative to Covid in the test he was taking her to. He did not turn up and I have heard nothing yet. If he does not answer his emails then do I have to contact the company to get another inspector out? I have it in my head that they need to inspect something before the roof goes on???

2 minutes ago, patp said:

Is it the insulation they want to look at this time? I assume they want to look down the cavity to make sure it has been installed?

It depends on the inspector, their all different (mine didn’t because he knew I was building my forever home for myself, not profit so would do it all properly).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, joe90 said:

It depends on the inspector, their all different (mine didn’t because he knew I was building my forever home for myself, not profit so would do it all properly).

Ah, I wondered why he was so relaxed about our inspections :) He was very impressed at our foundation dig. All very straight and precise from possibly the best digger driver in the world. Then along came our brickie, who is a legend in our area who we were so lucky to be able to get, so I expect he just comes to give himself something to smile about.

• Like 1