Vent Axia sentinel B fan motor replacement.

Hi,

Anyone stripped out and replaced a fan motor? One of mine is very noisy.

Looks like you have to remove all the polystyrene inners to get at the motor. Is that even possible without wrecking it? Thought it would be bonded to the plastic frame.

Thanks

@DOIGAN

You'll be pleased to hear its relatively straightforward.  Remove the duct spiggots and duct blanking plates.  Take off both the back and front covers, then take off the top and side panels - the side panels slide/interlock with the top and bottom panels.  You should then have access to the fans on either side which are bolted to the poly core.

2 hours ago, Stones said:

@DOIGAN

You'll be pleased to hear its relatively straightforward.  Remove the duct spiggots and duct blanking plates.  Take off both the back and front covers, then take off the top and side panels - the side panels slide/interlock with the top and bottom panels.  You should then have access to the fans on either side which are bolted to the poly core.

Cheers Stones.

On 30/01/2021 at 09:15, DOIGAN said:

Hi,

Anyone stripped out and replaced a fan motor? One of mine is very noisy.

Looks like you have to remove all the polystyrene inners to get at the motor. Is that even possible without wrecking it? Thought it would be bonded to the plastic frame.

Thanks

The Vent Axia Sentinel Kinetic Plus B is one of the units I'm considering for my house, so I'm keen to hear:

1. how long after you had it did it start to make this noise?
  2. whether you managed to fix it and if so how much was the replacement fan motor.

BPC supply them with a 5 year warranty, so hopefully this is an issue that only occurs after 5 years, but curious to hear your experience. 

I'm also considering the Komfovent Domekt R-450-V, which is supposedly better (BPC sell that one for about £600 more than the Vent Axia Sentinel Kinetic Plus B) but the Komfovent Domekt R-450-V only comes with a one year warranty, which really put me off and is making me think the Vent Axia is a better bet.

On 01/02/2021 at 01:24, Adsibob said:

The Vent Axia Sentinel Kinetic Plus B is one of the units I'm considering for my house, so I'm keen to hear:

1. how long after you had it did it start to make this noise?
  2. whether you managed to fix it and if so how much was the replacement fan motor.

BPC supply them with a 5 year warranty, so hopefully this is an issue that only occurs after 5 years, but curious to hear your experience. 

I'm also considering the Komfovent Domekt R-450-V, which is supposedly better (BPC sell that one for about £600 more than the Vent Axia Sentinel Kinetic Plus B) but the Komfovent Domekt R-450-V only comes with a one year warranty, which really put me off and is making me think the Vent Axia is a better bet.

Hi,

Was already in the house when we bought it last year, unfortunately it is about 5 1/2 old. Looks like I need to go through Vent Axia for this and am waiting on a price. Easy enough to strip p, just a bit disappointed that it has failed. Will post when I get a price but don't expect much change from £300.

Ok, for the bearings in the fans to fail relatively soon was disappointing, the good news is that they are b a doddle to change and cheap. A new motor was £280 from Vent Axia, bearings cost £8 from Amazon.

• Like 1