Trees and hedges

nod

1 hour ago, andy said:

Please don't use that netting @nod - IMO it needs banning from use ASAP.  It's impossible to use in a manner that is not a hazard to wildlife (plus the plastic footprint of it).

I disagree if it’s used properly, and not just chucked over the top of the hedge like you see a lot of developers do to the whole hedgerow,  and not actually cut in and tied at the bases which is how it should be done.  It should be used for a short period only and not the whole of the season which is what you do see a lot of. 

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

I disagree if it’s used properly, and not just chucked over the top of the hedge like you see a lot of developers do to the whole hedgerow,  and not actually cut in and tied at the bases which is how it should be done.  It should be used for a short period only and not the whole of the season which is what you do see a lot of.   Could you remind me of the final day for cutting 

Should the searches miraculously come through quickly 

Thanks 

22 hours ago, PeterW said:

I disagree if it’s used properly, and not just chucked over the top of the hedge like you see a lot of developers do to the whole hedgerow,  and not actually cut in and tied at the bases which is how it should be done.  It should be used for a short period only and not the whole of the season which is what you do see a lot of. 

The only way it can be used and prevent birds getting in underneath, getting trapped and dying would be if you buried the entires perimeter which just isn't going to happen (and doesn't happen, thus making the stuff even worse).  Plus if you do use it, it should be checked at least a couple of times a day to see if there are any birds trapped, so they can be freed.

Alas I see this an an unneccesary and dangrous trend further impacting our already hard-pressed wildlife and I hope we see it banned soon.

• Like 1