90 degree hinges.

Russdl

That’s difficult, initially I thought “kitchen” hinges but they only fit with one piece of side panel, you have two (doubled). Plus they are recessed into the mdf and that is usually min 15mm. Can you not do as below?

image.jpg

@Russdl, not sure what you can do, with double side panels and single door panel you need a “swinging” hinge, like used fir kitchen cabinets, but as explained above I know of none that do this and my other suggestion won’t fit your loft dimensions. I hope someone can come up with a solution for you. Trying to think “outside the box” you could fit as below and still use hinge idea above.

image.jpg

• Thanks 1

@Jason L that’s not a bad idea. It won’t narrow it down too much. 

@PeterStarck that was the catalogue I got lost in ?

@joe90 the doors don’t exist at the moment so they could be 15mm in which case I don’t have a problem I guess, I could either route out the two 12mm bits to recess the hinges or mount the hinges on the inside face and have 9mm of frame showing when the doors are closed?

3 minutes ago, Russdl said:

I could either route out the two 12mm bits to recess the hinges or mount the hinges on the inside face and have 9mm of frame showing when the doors are closed?

Yup, both would work.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joe90 said:

That’s difficult, initially I thought “kitchen” hinges but they only fit with one piece of side panel, you have two (doubled). Plus they are recessed into the mdf and that is usually min 15mm. 

Fit hinges to the outer layer with a clearance cut out around them on the inner layer?

20 minutes ago, Temp said:

Nice but lacks the adjustment a “kitchen” hinge gives but might be easier to fit ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joe90 said:

Yes but as I said they only work with min 15mm side panel and equal door thickness ?

Not quite sure I understand but aren't the side panels double thickness and the door doesn't have to be the same thickness, mine aren't.

28 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

Not quite sure I understand but aren't the side panels double thickness and the door doesn't have to be the same thickness, mine aren't.

Trust me it won’t work unless you recess the hinge on the side panel to match the door thickness (ask me how I know ?) you only need to recess to get the hinge plate in the side panel. you could not recess as long as you don’t mind 9mm of the side panel showing, which might give you a bit more grace regarding hitting your ceiling.

Edited by joe90

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I think I’ll end up with mounting the hinges inside which will leave about 9mm of the frame showing. I can live with that and plus it will give me a few mm extra before the open doors hit the loft ceiling. 

• Thanks 1