New Land Reg Title

Hi

I've split my land and now have a piece that has no mortgage on it etc. Can anybody point me in the right direction to get it registered with Land Registry? My solicitor is unusually slow due to Covid & WFH etc.

I want to transfer it into a Limited Company. At this rate the house will be finished & good to go before the Title is sorted.

Appreciate your help if you can.

At the moment there isn’t anyway of quickening things up 

I was talking to our solicitor about three parcels of land that we are buying and she basically told me 

It is what it is 

But added if the  stamp duty  holiday ends in March Her and other conveyancer workloads will drop dramatically mid Feb 

So some hope of things quickening up Unless the chancellor extends the SD holiday 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nod said:

I was talking to our solicitor about three parcels of land that we are buying and she basically told me 

It is what it is 

But added if the  stamp duty  holiday ends in March Her and other conveyancer workloads will drop dramatically mid Feb 

So some hope of things quickening up Unless the chancellor extends the SD holiday 

I spoke to land registry the other day and I was told that you can made a request to expedite applications. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/01/2021 at 12:44, nod said:

It is what it is 

Just to recap

Six weeks after instructing our solicitor on the purchase of two plots and a field 

She has informed us this morning that all the searches are back and contracts should be ready to sign in two weeks

Which is far quicker than we thought 

• Like 2

We are splitting the title of our land, the land registry says 8-10 months to do the split. Though it is less if you put in a request to expidite.

We are remortgaging the existing house, and apparently according to our solicitor we can complete on this without the official LR split.l, but the request submitted.

However I think we will need the official split done for our self build mortgage on the split land.

Hopefully when we get the self build mortgage offer we can expidite  the LR split, or even better we can get the self build mortgage with the split processing.

On 29/01/2021 at 17:41, Jason L said:

I spoke to land registry the other day and I was told that you can made a request to expedite applications. 

I think there has to be a good reason for the request though, I don't think you can just ask them to go faster or everyone would do that.  No idea of what the land registry consider a good reason, though safety seems to be one.

A neighbour had a request expedited a while back when they were trying to register title on a piece of land adjacent to their garden that nobody else seemed to own.  They were able to expedite as there was a tree in a dangerous condition on the land and they explained they did not want to have it cut down until the surveyor had visited to see the old fencing around the piece of land.  I understand the request was agreed to in that instance.

• Like 1