Conveyancing price

Barryscotland

We are filling out our mortgage application with ecology, phoned our solicitor and he is quoting over a £1000

Put details into money supermarket and they are coming up with quote of fixed £300 all in. Has anyone used an internet based company for conveyancing? I like the idea of keeping it local, with someone we’ve used before an can go an speak to if needed but for a saving of over £700 I’m tempted to go digital.

10 minutes ago, Barryscotland said:

We are filling out our mortgage application with ecology, phoned our solicitor and he is quoting over a £1000

Put details into money supermarket and they are coming up with quote of fixed £300 all in. Has anyone used an internet based company for conveyancing? I like the idea of keeping it local, with someone we’ve used before an can go an speak to if needed but for a saving of over £700 I’m tempted to go digital.

Purchasing a building plot requires a bit more legal nous than a regular house purchase because of the extra complexity such as planning conditions, site access, seller road completion obligation and getting services onsite.

My first question is: Fully qualified solicitor or licensed conveyancer?

2 hours ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Purchasing a building plot requires a bit more legal nous than a regular house purchase because of the extra complexity such as planning conditions, site access, seller road completion obligation and getting services onsite.

My first question is: Fully qualified solicitor or licensed conveyancer?

Plus one 

Building plots are notoriously complex 

Vague boundrys and titles 

Our daughter has recently used a similar online service Quick and efficient

But the house she has bought is a four year old Red Row home 

2 hours ago, epsilonGreedy said:

The ecology part to set up the mortgage deed should be  cheaper. I think I was 600 for this part using my solicitor. Although my solicitor had the fear of the unknown at the start with it and thought it was going to be really complex, but it wasn't. As long as you manage the process and agree a rate ot should be cheaper. 

But I'd second the above you don't want a random you can't talk to messing it up.