House extension, how and would it fit?!

Good evening guys, 

We have been thinking about extending our home on top of what is now our lounge and out the back. The only issue is the design and space we have to do it? I've attached some photos to show you what we mean. The wall would have to come at an angle parallel with the fence line? How close can you realistically go to the boundary fence line? Is it possible to build a two story extension at an angle like this? Has anyone seen it be done before? we were hoping to build on top of the lounge which is already there and also building out towards the back to align with the current back wall continuing with the two stories? I've attached the plans its quite a tight angle with the fence line? I have access both side of the house so its not a problem blocking this side off. Can the roof go over the fence line and wall up to the fence boundary? Would I need planning to build on top of the lounge and the two story out to the current back house line? I would like to keep a pitched roof if possible the same as the current  any information would be awesome, thanks!!

Ash.

E803819D-6324-4D07-83D9-58E0ED3A9B24.png

A091AABC-986C-4AF6-9002-FCF27B3C23F4.png

0E97842A-AB76-4114-8E5B-AFA7C7B5AD61.png

B7921D7B-7119-4DE1-A2E1-556C9CA79D4B.png

Nothing wrong with angled walls, especially those with a gable roof.

In terms of Planning... yes, it will be required. You’ll need to check your LPA’s policies on two storey extensions against a boundary. Even though you’re proposing a first floor side (and two storey rear) extension, the advice and guidance for potential terracing caused by two storey extensions would apply. In the majority of situations, LPA’s will allow a single storey element to extend up to the boundary but first floor/two storey elements to be set 1m away.

If your LPA offer it, try and seek informal Pre-application advice.

Thanks for you reply, is there a way of asking if this would be likely to be passed first? Who do you normally contact the local council? I would like to build an extra bedroom above the current lounge as a minimum. Also it would be nice to extend this first floor out to the current back wall and also I top. I’m not quite sure how it would look with the angled wall. Has anyone done this previously? Cheers Ash

A second storey may be possible on the single storey bit, but i would not be moving the end walls and making them follow the boundary line at an angle.  That would be a huge expense for not very much extra space. 

To be frank, it is the wrong plot for a large extension, I would put the money towards moving to a larger house, or a similar sized house on a better plot that has real potential to extend.