Advice re drain for Kitchen Island Unit

Dazza

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice re the above. As part of a conversion of an old farmhouse to 2 properties, we have built an extension that will have a kitchen diner. Originally when we built the extension, we didn't plan on the island unit, but of course plans change!

As a result, I cannot get the 110mm foul waste into the building near the island for drainage as I dont have a lintel in the wall build up to pass through.

So, my question is how to I manage to get a connection to foul waste that will meet with building control approval? I have attached a sectional drawing of the build up, and my thoughts were to channel out the insulation and place a 50mm waste into the insulation with a slight fall - I can core this through to the outside, but because it comes out at virtually ground level, I cannot really use a gully for the waste. Can anyone please advise the best way to connect up to the foul waste please?

Whilst I am at it, might as well check re the hold and cold water and electrical feed too! My plans for the hot and cold feed are to make channels around the middle of insulation and lay in the plastic water pipes. A similar thing for the electric feed which I will put in plastic conduit - I was thinking of having one of those instantaneous hot water taps too, so thinking to run 2.5m twin and earth?

I look forward to some helpful replies!

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 11.43.12.png

Cut the floor with a Stihl saw and install a 50mm drain along with 3 No. 32mm ducts all with long bends to use for water and power. 

The 50mm waste you can core through the floor and connect to the back of the gully below ground using a back entry hopper. 

Thanks for the advice Peter W. Rather than take Stihl saw to the concrete sub base, surely there must be someway to run the pipes through the insulation - insulation is a lot quicker and easier to cut than concrete!

Edited by Dazza