Future Found

DerbyLad

Hi All,

My house plans currently show a beam and block construction.  However, I have been looking at alternative systems and have been looking at 'Future Found'

https://www.build-liteuk.co.uk/future-found/

Has anyone any experience with this system or something similar?

Diagonally, my plot has a height difference of 2 meters, 132mts to 134mts and my floor level lies between at 133mts

That is what is know as an insulated slab foundation.  Well respected and used by many.

But I am not sure it is right for you, you have a sloping site and want to end up with the finished floor half way between the lower and upper level of the existing site.  That means by the time you have stripped the top spoil off the lower part of the site you will be building it up a long way in layers of compacted hardcore to support the insulated slab.

I discounted this type of foundation for my site for the same reason, and ended up with traditional strip foundations and an insulated suspended timber floor.

1 minute ago, Russell griffiths said:

Would you not cut into the higher part and retain the higher part, not lift the lower bit. 

Plots of people on here using this method. 

It would not have worked for me.  It would have resulted in the floor level of the house a metre below the road.  I would have had to dig a trench to get down into the house or have a half level entrance.  And then there was a garage you wanted level with the road, that would have had to had a staircase up to get to it.  and then there was the burn and wanting to be well above it from a flooding risk.

FAR easier to have the front of the huse at the higher level and the back corner over 1 metre above ground with steps down.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your replies. Yes, I would have the same problem as @ProDave, the road level is at 133 meters.  I questioned the suitability with Future Found but they said it would be fine! My feelings are that it would be a problem and beam and block insulated, as my architect designed, would be better.  I was just tempted by this system as it would eliminate the cold bridging at floor level and initially seemed a cheaper option.