My MVHR layout

Afternoon,

i have drawn up a layout for the MVHR system,  I'm no expert on it ! so after your thoughts, the green dashed lines are the supply ducts to the valves, and the pink are the extracts,

does this all look ok and is just one supply ok for the ground floor ?

Thanks

J

DRAFT_FLOOR_PLANS_MVHR_layout.jpg

You may need >1 duct run (depending on duct size) so you will need some calcs. As above would have thought a supply into dining. In bathrooms right over an enclosed shower may not be ideal - will get a lot of moisture and may not be so effective for toilet smell extract? What are your plans re kitchen extract? If relying on MVHR you may want two extracts with one nearer the hob. I had a design from bcp and then tweaked various bits then passed on to engineer and architect to make sure all fits with wall penetrations, steels etc. Was worth £100 as they will also work out number of ducts to get the flow needed + can provide sizes of manifolds which I needed to allow for in ceiling heights so found quite helpful

• Like 1

@Jason L as above, I’d get one in the dining area. Also I’d get them further away from the doors, as you have done in the sitting room.

When I did mine I found out somewhere that the supply and extract air valves should be at least 1500mm from any wall. I can’t remember for the life of me where I found that but it’s something I’ve tried to do where possible, unfortunately doing that upsets my OCD as the valves are not necessarily in an eye pleasing position in the ceilings or aligned with light fittings. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adam2 said:

You may need >1 duct run (depending on duct size) so you will need some calcs. As above would have thought a supply into dining. In bathrooms right over an enclosed shower may not be ideal - will get a lot of moisture and may not be so effective for toilet smell extract? What are your plans re kitchen extract? If relying on MVHR you may want two extracts with one nearer the hob. I had a design from bcp and then tweaked various bits then passed on to engineer and architect to make sure all fits with wall penetrations, steels etc. Was worth £100 as they will also work out number of ducts to get the flow needed + can provide sizes of manifolds which I needed to allow for in ceiling heights so found quite helpful

THanks,  i have had a design/ quote from bcp but with no plans, i have just seen they allowed for 1 more supply valve, which may be for the dining area, this is going to be a bit of a pig to get to though as its a vaulted ceiling with no voids. 

the ducts will be 75mm dia red premium ducting.    i thought putting the extracts over the shower would have been good as that is whats going to cause most of the steam/moisture.

instead of 2 in the kitchen what about moving the 1 to nearer the hob ?

what engineers do you use to design it, it would be worth me paying someone to design it properly.

cheers

3 minutes ago, Russdl said:

@Jason L as above, I’d get one in the dining area. Also I’d get them further away from the doors, as you have done in the sitting room.

When I did mine I found out somewhere that the supply and extract air valves should be at least 1500mm from any wall. I can’t remember for the life of me where I found that but it’s something I’ve tried to do where possible, unfortunately doing that upsets my OCD as the valves are not necessarily in an eye pleasing position in the ceilings or aligned with light fittings. 

i guess im like you then, as i was trying to keep them out the viewest points.    i guess i can move bed 1 one to the corner like this sitting room.   ill have to check the 1500mm rule.

I would add supply air to dining room (2 supply 2 extract downstairs)

Bed 1, supply air to bottom left corner (as far from door as possible) 

en-suite extract above WC

Study supply air over to left, further from door.

Loft bathroom extract anywhere but directly from shower cubicle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

I would add supply air to dining room (2 supply 2 extract downstairs)

Bed 1, supply air to bottom left corner (as far from door as possible) 

en-suite extract above WC

Study supply air over to left, further from door.

Loft bathroom extract anywhere but directly from shower cubicle.

Its going to be a struggle to get one in the dining area as its a vaulted ceiling with no voids, but ill have a look.

I guess it makes sense having 2 supply and 2 extracts,  is it an issue on the first floor having just 2 supply and just 1 extract there ?

I thought having them over the shower was good to get the steam away quick but i guess not.

cheers

2 hours ago, Jason L said:

Its going to be a struggle to get one in the dining area as its a vaulted ceiling with no voids, but ill have a look.

Could you run a supply duct up along the ridge of the vaulted ceiling, boxed in, or would that ruin the aesthetic?

14 minutes ago, Russdl said:

Could you run a supply duct up along the ridge of the vaulted ceiling, boxed in, or would that ruin the aesthetic?

Yeah that plus the gable end is glazed,  I can se if I can squeeze in there