Solar PV and ASHP

28 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Make sure this is set right.

Inverter time.jpg

That's the problem I can't get into anything now as the knocking thing brings up one screen and then it goes off and no amount of knocking can get back. I'll have to check it out tomorrow when it's on.

I wonder if there is some additional type of monitoring system I can get. I think they do some sort of other connectors with the Growatt.

Edited by canalsiderenovation

15 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

wonder if there is some additional type of monitoring system I can get

They do a Bluetooth adapter. But it is really down to what Growatt want you to see.

You could make your own, friends how much playing you like to do with basic hardware and software.

Or get a CurrentCost and a Raspberry Pi Zero and ask for some code.

12 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Or get a CurrentCost and a Raspberry Pi Zero and ask for some code.

Or take a look at the emonPi which is a system from the open energy monitoring lot in Wales. Emonpi in their shop -> https://shop.openenergymonitor.com/emonpi-energy-monitor-solar-pv-bundle/

Very good kit - and if you don't want to buy a ready made system it's all open source so you can roll your own. They're also doing some good stuff with the Octopus tariffs and EV charging.

Simon

Edited by Bramco

1 hour ago, canalsiderenovation said:

This thing is still showing with zeros.

IMG_20210121_171903.thumb.jpg.7ed3979406abd4cfb7dd480237075530.jpg

When you took the picture, was the red light on the meter on all the time, or was it flashing and you just happened to get the picture when it was on?

and is it still reading zero?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ProDave said:

When you took the picture, was the red light on the meter on all the time, or was it flashing and you just happened to get the picture when it was on?

and is it still reading zero?

Are you thinking it is wired in back to front?

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

Yes if it shows a solid red light when generating, not a flashing red light, and still has not counted up, then it is wired backwards.

Solid red light and looking back through my pictures it was a solid red light a few days ago too. And it's reading zero.

Just now, ProDave said:

Yes if it shows a solid red light when generating, not a flashing red light, and still has not counted up, then it is wired backwards.

It would show inverter consumption, if there is any.

Why don't people just buy SMA inverters and have a trouble free life.

So do I need to get the electrician back? I need to look at it in the day when generating to see if it's flashing now but either way something isn't right.

Our Solic pv immersion isn't working either it has all red lights so that's something else.

Someone get me some decent tradesmen.... 

Right I've now set the date and time which was wrong. That knocking is probably one of the most painfully slow processes ever. Resorted to hitting the damn thing with a rubber sandpaper block.

Wife is going to look at the meter terminals later after work.

Solic200 isn't working with all red lights so the electrician will need to sort that out because that's not been working since he installed it.

19 hours ago, ProDave said:

Yes, imagine the terminals on the meter are labeled 1,2,3,4 then swap 1 and 4 and swap 2 and 3

Turn off AC isolator DC isolator and solar PV MCB at consumer unit first.

So it actually isn't permanently on. Today it is blinking on and off red and but we still have all zeros. Is this normal?

Inverter is now right and the 'today' reading finally seems in line with the 'all' one. 

8 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

So it actually isn't permanently on. Today it is blinking on and off red and but we still have all zeros. Is this normal?

Inverter is now right and the 'today' reading finally seems in line with the 'all' one. 

Some do flash regarldless of the direction of flow, but if it is not counting up it must be wired backwards.