MCS accredited installers in Scotland - recommendations

eandg

I'm going to start the ball rolling on our Home Energy Scotland loan application next week. Looking through my costings spreadsheet the cheapest quote we had from one of the nearest 3/4 using the 'find an installer' tool was £8995 for a 9kW ASHP (from memory, for a Mitsubishi Ecodan). Anyone with recent experience know if this is likely to be bettered elsewhere and if so, could you recommend a contractor to get a quote from? Thanks. 

I just got a quote in for 12.5k including vat for a 7kw arotherm plus. It did include 20m of insulated pipe which is not usual as we are siting the pump away from the house. For 12.5k I need to make the concrete pad, dig track for underground pipe, install/supply power cable/breakers. I also need to buy and install radiators. 

So I think your price is pretty good, or mine is just crap.

i have a feeling the installers are just adding thousands to the price as they are so busy with these new grants

Does your quote included a hot water tank and upgraded radiators if needed?

1 hour ago, gavztheouch said:

I just got a quote in for 12.5k including vat for a 7kw arotherm plus. It did include 20m of insulated pipe which is not usual as we are siting the pump away from the house. For 12.5k I need to make the concrete pad, dig track for underground pipe, install/supply power cable/breakers. I also need to buy and install radiators. 

So I think your price is pretty good, or mine is just crap.

i have a feeling the installers are just adding thousands to the price as they are so busy with these new grants

Does your quote included a hot water tank and upgraded radiators if needed?

I *think* it included the tank (will need to check) but no radiators. Concrete pad by our contractors too. Bit fearful that the costs will spike with recent push and with the last year of RHI. 

Edited by eandg

1 hour ago, eandg said:

I *think* it included the tank (will need to check) but no radiators. Concrete pad by our contractors too. Bit fearful that the costs will spike with recent push and with the last year of RHI. 

Can I ask which company you got that quote from as ecodan is my preferred system