Conversol Max 4

Mugwanya

Hi

Has anyone any experience of Voltacon inverters, in particular the Conversol Max4 7.2kW?  I'm putting nearly 16kW of panels on the roof of my new build and need to source the inverter. It looks like 2 Conversol  would exactly suit my needs, with the other option being three LuxPower LXP 5000s at a significantly higher cost or a Victron solution being recommended by my supplier at an even higher cost. So I'm looking to see if there is any experience with the Conversols?

Thanks

Derek M.

So the quote for the Victron solution comes to £6,420 excluding isolators and assorted cables. The comparable price for three paralleled Conversols would be £2,700. A considerable difference but firstly the Victrons look to be much more expandable (though at this moment in time I can't see that I would ever need that expandability, I am new to all of this and there are certainly things that I'm missing) and secondly there is a lot of evidence that the Victrons are extremely reliable, and next to nothing (good or bad) that I can find about the Conversols.

I've not heard of Aurora, I will look them up this evening.

It looks like for single phase off grid use SMA recommend the Sunny Boy 3.0-6.0 solar inverters, so I'd need three of those, and then the battery inverters on top. I can't see at the moment where it says that the inverters can be paralleled, but there is talk of a cluster so I'm assuming that that's the same thing. So it could be a good choice, it has the same basic design as the Victrons but integrates the controller's so less clutter and easier install. And there is at least some comments that they are reliable. My guess is that the price will be a bit over £4,000, do a lot cheaper than Victron but more than the Conversol. I will look into what advantages it has over the hybrid inverters, check that my assumptions are correct and then maybe add it to the list. Possibly removing the Victrons.

Thanks for that.

Derek Mugwanya