Afternoon,

I have claimed self build exemption for my build which has been granted.

I have just recently applied to the land Reg to split the title deeds of the land, so that where i am building will be in my name, but i understand that this is going to take some time.

On the basis that the day the build starts a CIL charge will be added onto the Land Charges Register,  can i start the build and this happen before the title deeds have actually been split in two, and then the charge moved to my deeds when its done ?

TIA.

I think it would need the current owner to agree to the charge? The split might be delayed as permission from the council would be needed to remove it from part of the land?

I think it might complicate things to start before the land is split.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Temp said:

I think it would need the current owner to agree to the charge? The split might be delayed as permission from the council would be needed to remove it from part of the land?

I think it might complicate things to start before the land is split.

thanks,  i don't mind if it causes a delay in splitting of the title, if its possible to do and me comply with the exception.   Its my mothers land so there wont be issues starting before its been split. 

1 hour ago, Jason L said:

On the basis that the day the build starts a CIL charge will be added onto the Land Charges Register,  can i start the build and this happen before the title deeds have actually been split in two, and then the charge moved to my deeds when its done ?

I believe that they also look at the planning permission to decide CIL liability. If there are 2 houses with PP on the plot and the PP doesn’t state that it’s a phased development the second plot will lose the ability to gain a CIL exemption once you start regardless of whether the plot is sold to a self builder or built by another family member so if this is what you intend to do take care. 

Further details of this scenario here

https://www.khub.net/web/planningadvisoryservicepas/forum/-/message_boards/message/122834640

1 minute ago, newhome said:

I believe that they also look at the planning permission to decide CIL liability. If there are 2 houses with PP on the plot and the PP doesn’t state that it’s a phased development the second plot will lose the ability to gain a CIL exemption once you start regardless of whether the plot is sold to a self builder or built by another family member so if this is what you intend to do take care. 

Further details of this scenario here

https://www.khub.net/web/planningadvisoryservicepas/forum/-/message_boards/message/122834640

cheers,  that's not an issue,  there is currently a house here, and i have permission to build another one next to it.

• Like 1