Toilet seat - bad design or am I missing something!

jfb

So I bought a toilet seat, came to fit it and can't seem to work out if it is just a poor design.

In the picture you can see that the level of the pin into which the toilet seat bracket fits is higher than the bracket itself. So if I fit it the seat will not be resting flat onto the toilet bowl - just the front will be resting on the toilet and all the weight at the back will be on the bracket (not the white spacer/support on the left of the picture).

Is it just another poor design?

IMG_0255.thumb.jpg.498a9aaa6cd626efe1c6ee1835c71f03.jpg

I have seen the same with a plastic seat where the hinge pin hole is in the plastic moulding and the back feet don't touch the pan.

I sometimes despair that some "designers" have absolutely no understanding of what they are designing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MortarThePoint said:

You could always splash out on a more expensive one.

Even the Roper Rhodes are like that. They don't have rear bumpers and would need taller ones than at the front.

"Splashing out" will stain carpet.

Edited by Temp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

I sometimes despair that some "designers" have absolutely no understanding of what they are designing.

+1

I have to apologise to my neighbours for my bad language sometimes. Invariably I'm cursing out a designer for some reason or other. Usually there is an obviously better no cost solution if only the designer had got his hands dirty.

37 minutes ago, JFDIY said:

I'd be tempted to remove it and see if it's fitted with the leafs on the wrong part of the seat.

Upper leaf looks to have s bigger offset, should this be on the lower seat and vice versa?

I agree - looks like the hinge is upside down.

• 1 year later...