Disposal of demolition bricks & stone

WWilts

Planning the demolition of an attached garage to allow access to rear plot new build.

Brick side and rear, reconstituted stone front. Neither the bricks nor the stone seem to be of high quality.

What are wise options for disposing of the material? 

All to the skip? Convert to hardcore and use? Hand salvage to reclaim? Other?

Thanks

If it is modern with cement based mortar it is probably only good for hardcore.  Don't mix it with other materials as it is useful and can be easily recycled.  You could leave it aside and use it for the base of the new driveway.  Once it has been tracked with a large digger it will be good and stable,

• Like 1

I’ve seen people use it for soakaways, but I’m a milk crate fan myself.

if the bricks are decent and you don’t want them offer them up on a local 2 no hand website, someone may

be looking to match existing from a weathered look

• Like 1

Just now, WWilts said:

Not familiar with "tracked". 
Does it mean driven over? Squashed? 
Sorry to be unfamiliar with terms.

You dig out the route of the road coming in and use the demolition waste to form the base of the road. As it's uneven materials a large digger will track forward and backward breaking them up to form a sort of level road. Then the delivery lorries with all their weight help to compact it even more so when the time comes to put the final layers of hardcore in you won't require as much so save money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Declan52 said:

a large digger will track forward and backward

Hardcore for the drive seems the way to go.

By the way, does "track" mean just drive over, or thump the stuff in some way? Just curious about the term. Need to expand my vocabulary. Going to request proposals from builders soon, armed with quantity estimates.