Correct flow rates for UFH?

Chriswills

6 minutes ago, ProDave said:

The "issue" I have with this ASHP having the return as the set point, is it then maintains +5 for the flow temperature.

I have observed with mine when only one UFH loop is on, there is very little difference between the flow and return, perhaps 2 degrees or even less.  So I would never achieve the 5 degrees it wants and I would end up running with the flow temperature hotter than I want, by which time the return temperature would overshoot it's target.

But it is the way the manufacturer has designed it so you have to work with it.

|Yes agree Dave, its a strange way of working it but i have to see what i can do with a little/lot of help. Just when I see the bills coming in its frightening in the winter. Summer is great as off goes the ASHP and I live off the sun, that works great. I keep messing with the ASHP temp settings, trying to drop the KWh consumption but makes little difference and as it gets colder it gets worse. I will leave it on 24/7 at 42 deg return and report back on consumption later today. My checkpoint is usually 3pm. Really want to look more at the weather consumption setting with the help of @PeterW if possible.