Tile hung gable end - window detail advice

After some advice for a personal project, gable end is tile hung, in hindsight I probably should have put some cement board behind the battons as they cut into the window so the muck has a good surface to key to...I didn't, so If I do decide to muck the around the window It will be straight onto membrane / battons - is this likely to be an issue? Also thinking about the mortar cracking as the timbers dry out etc. Maybe i'm overthinking it.

Option number two is to use soakers (I'll buy some new ones and paint them or i'll make a wood fascia to cover them). Although it's not as traditional it's probably more effective.

Pros / cons of each / words of wisdom appreciated,

Cheers

Oscar

F97E23DB-F76A-401F-B3A4-46006280095F.jpeg

5E1AB3BE-06F2-4EE3-A822-B42C6490E237.jpeg

38580964-DB91-4A49-8E08-CDAF84EFCFF4.jpeg

Edited by OscarWilliams

I like soakers, even made of dpc, must be welted on the inside edge 

no mortar 

I like a black or brown UPVC or finer glass ali or other metal reveal that wraps round the tiles and lines the reveal, window siliconed to this and screwed through behind that, can be fixed to window frame and offered up in one piece .

warer runs down hill and doesn’t get at battens 

• Like 1

If a wood lining we used to lap the soakers over front edge and copper nail them onto it dressing them round it and onto the top of the tiles, that worked well 

You are fortunate at the top of yours to have the eaves overhang as it gets more demanding up there usually