Under slab drainage pictures

SuperJohnG

Looking if anyone has pictures, they would be happy to share, of their pipes laid under the slab, particularly interested in seeing how they branch off and do the pop ups and types being sued, E.g. rest bends of normal tees, etc. 

Would be handy if you could just view all the picture stored the threads. 

46 minutes ago, SuperJohnG said:

Would be handy if you could just view all the picture stored the threads. 

Does this help?   We had to replace 90deg bends for slow bends with concrete below for first-floor SVP's, after BRegs visit.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Does this help?   We had to replace 90deg bends for slow bends with concrete below for first-floor SVP's, after BRegs visit.

Thanks @Dan F yes somewhat. I had also spent a bit of time looking at the NHBC rules you shared on another thread of mine which has had me thinking deeply about this tonight. 

I assume slow bends are just rest bends? 

Ideally avoid branches under the house. Better to run pipes down outside the footprint and branch off at inspection chambers.

The bottom of all stacks should have large radius bends (aka Rest Bends) where they turn from vertical to horizontal. 

Lhs line is the main vent stack with basement toilet connecting to it, them to the right we have the basin and shower, and finally utility sink / DW in next room.

We originally had the toilet in same line as main soil stack from above, but BC asked us to put it in with basin and shower for some reason as it obviously meant the toilet line would be more than 6m unvented.

IMG_20200703_121544.jpg

IMG_20200703_132445.jpg

IMG_20200904_143856.jpg

Edited by Conor

17 hours ago, Temp said:

Ideally avoid branches under the house. Better to run pipes down outside the footprint and branch off at inspection chambers.

The bottom of all stacks should have large radius bends (aka Rest Bends) where they turn from vertical to horizontal. 

This seems to be hard for me as I have specifically lined everything up to make it easy, but can't use rest bends as they are line.

see below - top IC flows out to TP, so I had lined this up directly from the 1st floor SVP, then just was going to add anothet stack directly behind for shower tray (level shower tray on slab, so shuttering required to allow drain to connect below FFL). then tack the toilet on further back. 

Kitchen could be a rest bend but, then how do I attach that gully trap or rodding end? I suppose to be fair, the gully trap is only there for an external tap and could really go directly into surface water to simplify. I don't see me needing a rodding end here at kitchen really? can't imagine what's going to get stuck in there I can't access from the IC rodding point. 

For the lower IOC - this only picks up the utility sink and plant room drain (MVHR condensate and UVC drain).

image.thumb.png.9fa22910f751a8a9c85749ab6145f09a.png 

12 hours ago, Conor said:

Lhs line is the main vent stack with basement toilet connecting to it, them to the right we have the basin and shower, and finally utility sink / DW in next room.

We originally had the toilet in same line as main soil stack from above, but BC asked us to put it in with basin and shower for some reason as it obviously meant the toilet line would be more than 6m unvented.

IMG_20200703_121544.jpg

IMG_20200703_132445.jpg

IMG_20200904_143856.jpg

you have used long radius bends NOT rest bends. 

rest bends should be used as they have a foot under them to provide support to the stack.

Y branch is fine also on a single run.

lastly you must use rockers (double joins) where your pipes will be going through the wall under lintels.  

How are they bringing up the soil pipe through the slab/beam ? Can't see a valid reason for not using the correct part, note the leg under the rest bend to support it against the constant weight being dropped on it via the soil stack.

Cheaper to bodge it and use a 90 ......

Rest Bend 110mm 87.5°

32 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

agreed.

still a bodge.

Not sure on your background but as a former pipelayer I can tell you that it is NOT  a bodge,  yes a rest bend or duck foot bend would be preferable but in a domestic setting and unless he's dropping more than 3 floors a well installed standard long radius bend will bend will be more than adequate.

Edited by Ronan 1

12 hours ago, SuperJohnG said:

This may actually deal with my downstairs shower issue if I shuttered that area at the shower, then dropped a soil manifold low, I can pick up the WC in there on a stack branch. 

image.png.aa55af89299b1be485f54001bcecf14c.png

Why not scrap the manifold and just drop the T (with two 40mm branches in the sides) straight in....worked for me.