Grand Designs new series

ProDave

6 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Can you update your thread on this and your plans?

not yet as I have changed architect    i cannot go into here --but it is not because of his capability  -

he will be advising in the back ground  as old buildings is his forte -- but not modern designs 

and it will be 6weeks before she can start -due to work load 

no real time pressure anyway due to covid and need to sell some other parts  to fund total build 

looking for a micro digger and self loading micro dumper --to clean out inside s

I can then repair walls and replace old oak lintels  and parge cost walls up to where i expect to knock tiop off building  for new style house on top 

weather is not being kind 

Edited by scottishjohn
  • Thanks 1

On 03/02/2021 at 22:18, ProDave said:

But Building regs?  It appeared to be a 4 storey building, now with the staircase from each floor opening out onto a large open plan area where you walk round to the next flight to the next level.

How does that comply with a protected staircase?  and hardly a door in sight, let alone any fire doors?

I'm sure I saw a sprinkler in the ceiling of one of the rooms in the "let's go see how it finished" bit at the end.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2021 at 10:25, scottishjohn said:

not yet as I have changed architect    i cannot go into here --but it is not because of his capability  -

he will be advising in the back ground  as old buildings is his forte -- but not modern designs 

and it will be 6weeks before she can start -due to work load 

no real time pressure anyway due to covid and need to sell some other parts  to fund total build 

looking for a micro digger and self loading micro dumper --to clean out inside s

I can then repair walls and replace old oak lintels  and parge cost walls up to where i expect to knock tiop off building  for new style house on top 

weather is not being kind 

@scottishjohn, have you thought about inviting Kevin along to share your trials and tribulations ?