Construction method statement

DeanoFromTheDock

Evening all, and happy 2021

just had the planning permission through for our new self build, the building regs are being put together by the architect but he doesn’t do construction method statements... I’m guessing all are pretty much the same and a national company could do it? 

would anybody on here have a better idea?  

You won’t need one prior to starting  your self build 

Though once you start you will need to put plenty of signs up Hard hats & Boots etc 

Its also worth having a signing in book and first aid kit 

Just in case you get a visit 

• Thanks 1

I have not seen that as a planning condition before.  It may be worth looking at the council website to see applications from a year or so ago that have the same condition and copy what they submitted?

Intellectual property theft is the sincerest form of flattery.

• Haha 1

Hi Deno.

That's great you got the planning permission.

I have copied a couple of links below to the HSE website that has info for domestic clients. Much of this is underpinned by the statutory CDM regulations. Well worth a read and they have lots of useful info, templates and guidance to get you off on the right foot.

You need to have a rake about to find some of the more detailed stuff, but it is there and straight forward too! Once you get a handle on this it can give you confidence as to what level of method statement you may require and so on. They have another section for small building works that can act as a guide too.

All the best with the project.

https://www.hse.gov.uk/construction/cdm/2015/domestic-clients.htm

https://www.hse.gov.uk/construction/areyou/domestic-client.htm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1