Finishing Off the Blockwork Foundations

Ralph

Hi all, 

We're looking at what to use to finish of the external blockwork between the cedral cladding and ground. The ground is quite wet so we'll be putting in drainage and probably finishing with gravel or slate chippings. 

There is also insulation board to go against the block work but I'm not sure what to finish it with. The builder is taking about using what looks like Eurocell soffit board in a dark grey and I'm looking at some flat cedral cement board. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

20210110_143351.jpg

1 hour ago, Ralph said:

Hi all, 

We're looking at what to use to finish of the external blockwork between the cedral cladding and ground. The ground is quite wet so we'll be putting in drainage and probably finishing with gravel or slate chippings. 

There is also insulation board to go against the block work but I'm not sure what to finish it with. The builder is taking about using what looks like Eurocell soffit board in a dark grey and I'm looking at some flat cedral cement board. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

20210110_143351.jpg

Alot of us have used Ubiflex and it looks really smart. Put this is the search engine on here

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Alot of us have used Ubiflex and it looks really smart. Put this is the search engine on here

I'll take a look at that thanks, I would never have thought of using that.

2 hours ago, Jilly said:

Any chance of a photo of how you've used it, please?

Look under "covering an eps plinth" there are photos on there. I used the Ubiflex on top of blockwork and it looks really smart