Query for those who have used VELFAC

john0wingnut

Hi all

I have been putting quotes out for new AluClad Timber Windows. One of the places I contacted was VELFAC, but after several email exchanges and me providing all the further detail they wanted, they have come back to me saying they have passed my info onto a local supplier called VinDor, who can help me.

Looked on their site and they only deal with Rationel Windows, which I understand is the same group as VELFAC.

I assumed from plenty of other posts on here that VELFAC deal directly with self builders etc, so just wondering why they wont provide me a quote directly. Just seems odd.

John

4 minutes ago, Bramco said:

We also had a quote direct from Velfac last year.

I wonder if it depends on how many windows you need?

Simon

3 x Doors

2 x 2.5m x 2.3m Sliders

4 x 2.4m x 1.2m windows

3 x 1.2 x 1.2m windows

2 x 0.9 x 1.2m windows

.......... so a fair amount

1 hour ago, john0wingnut said:

3 x Doors

2 x 2.5m x 2.3m Sliders

4 x 2.4m x 1.2m windows

3 x 1.2 x 1.2m windows

2 x 0.9 x 1.2m windows

.......... so a fair amount

A decent sized contract - I'd quote for it but then....

Just thought I would update on this.

So VELFAC have rung me and advised that referring to distributors for smaller projects is a new process, which started in the New Year, following suite from Rationel.

But, customers can still request to deal directly with VELFAC, which I now am doing so for my quote.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 14/01/2021 at 10:36, john0wingnut said:

Just thought I would update on this.

So VELFAC have rung me and advised that referring to distributors for smaller projects is a new process, which started in the New Year, following suite from Rationel.

But, customers can still request to deal directly with VELFAC, which I now am doing so for my quote.

How did you find dealing direct?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, IanMcP said:

any update on this ? 

getting quotes in for windows now and Velfac have pushed me towards a supplier

Be prepared for variable service. One did undercut the other by 10% but, and it a big but:

they all dither around which is killer when the windows are on estimated 12-14 week delay.

Ideal Combi and Rationel are part of the same group.  Installation is often a downfall and on the video above I think many of the issues would not have arisen had the units been correctly installed.  That said, I had an issue with condensation on a Velfac window some years ago and in spite of the warranty Velfac were keen to blame the install (which we did ourselves).  The homeowner was not taking any nonsense so eventually Velfac capitulated and supplied and fitted a new one at their own expense.

• Like 1